Celtic center Kevin Garnett questions a call against him in the second quarter of the Chicago Bulls 101-95 loss to the Boston Celtics Monday November 12, 2012 at the United Center. | Tom Cruze~Sun-Times
Updated: December 15, 2012 6:30AM
Hot Corner mentioned Tuesday that former NFL player Tiki Barber will offer his services for an afternoon of flag football, badminton or even dodgeball for $1,950. Well, he’s not the only athlete who’s for sale. With the holidays just around the corner, check out some of these other celebrity-appearance bargains from Thuzio:
• Former Knicks guard and Bulls nemesis John Starks will appear at birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs or weddings. “He’ll be sure to be entertaining company,” Thuzio states. Price: $3,000.
• Ex-White Sox infielder Steve Sax: “Steve will speak at your gathering and inspire your group with stories from his career in the MLB.” Price: $5,000 per hour.
• Former Flying Illini and NBA star Nick Anderson: “Make your next pick-up game unforgettable by inviting Nick to join.” Price: $500.
• Former Fire midfielder Chris Armas will round out your golf foursome. “He’ll be the perfect fourth for your Sunday outing and will spice up the round with tales from his time in the pros.” Price: $1,500 (up to five hours).
• Ex-White Sox shortstop Bucky Dent: “Have an extra seat at the game? Bucky will join you and your guests and share insight on the game.” Price: $4,000 (up to three hours).
• Former Carver and NBA star Tim Hardaway: Test your skills in a game of H-O-R-S-E or knockout against the five-time All-Star. Price: $1,000.
• Ex-NBA player World B. Free: ‘‘World will join you and your guests at lunch or dinner.” Price: $200 (up to two hours).