Blackhawks, Teuvo Teravainen not dwelling on contract situation
BY MARK LAZERUS Staff Reporter March 27, 2014 4:22PM
CHICAGO, IL - MARCH 25: Teuvo Teravainen #86 of the Chicago Blackhawks clears the puck out of the Blackhawks zone against the Dallas Stars at the United Center on March 25, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
- Blackhawks vs. Bruins: Live updates, discussion
- VIDEO: Teuvo Teravainen on ‘nerves’ in his NHL debut
- PHOTOS: Teuvo Teravainen makes his Blackhawks debut
- VIDEO: Bickell on Patrick Kane injury, ‘playoff atmosphere’ vs. Blues
- Patrick Sharp photobombs wedding at Blackhawks game
Updated: March 27, 2014 5:27PM
BOSTON — Neither Stan Bowman, Joel Quenneville nor Teuvo Teravainen himself seems terribly concerned about the prospect of burning the first year of the Finnish prospect’s three-year entry-level contract.
But that doesn’t mean a decision has been made on whether Teravainen will be limited to nine or fewer games (regular season and playoffs combined) to prevent that from happening.
“Maybe we’ll be addressing that at some point, but I’m not aware of that,” Quenneville said following Thursday’s morning skate in Boston. “We’ll see. He’ll get some important games, and we want to make sure we’re doing things the right way, but I’m not going to say he’s playing every night.”
Read the rest of the story at voices.suntimes.com