Bears coach Lovie Smith has a career-winning record against every team in the NFC North. | Tom Cruze-Sun-Times
Here are 10 interesting facts about the Bears that you might not have known:
1. Under Lovie Smith, the Bears, who can sweep the NFC North with a win over the Packers on Sunday, have a winning record against all three division foes. They are 10-4 against the Lions, 8-5 vs. Packers and 8-6 when playing the Vikings.
2. Jay Cutler has a 94.4 quarterback rating over his past 16 games, which is seventh best in the league over that span behind Tom Brady (110.8), Philip Rivers (105.3), Michael Vick (103.6), Aaron Rodgers (102.9), Tony Romo (95.1) and Ben Roethlisberger (95-0).
3. In his last eight games, Cutler has a 96.9 quarterback rating on third down. His 54.7 percent conversion rate is the highest in the NFL during that span.
4. Matt Forte is averaging 4.7 yards per carry over the past eight weeks, which is ninth best in the league. He is averaging a career-high 4.4 for the season.
5. Johnny Knox has 51 catches for 960 yards and five touchdowns. His 18.8 yards-per-catch average is fifth best in the NFL. He also has 17 receptions of more than 20 yards.
6. Knox needs 40 more yards to become the team’s first 1,000-yard receiver since Marty Booker in 2002 and 12th all-time.
7. Devin Hester has 2,132 career receiving yards, 2,127 career punt return yards and 2,684 career kickoff return yards. He is just the 10th player in NFL history with 2,000 career yards in all three categories.
8. Despite allowing 28 points to the Jets, the Bears defense still ranks fourth in points allowed behind the Steelers, Packers and Saints.
9. The Bears’ 33 takeaways are third best. Only the Saints, which have allowed 11, have allowed fewer passing touchdowns than the Bears 13.
10. The defense is ranked second in forcing three and outs, are third best at stopping the run and are second in opponent passer rating.