How the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal transpired
ASSOCIATED PRESS November 10, 2011 1:18PM
An in-depth look at the timeline and key dates of the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal that resulted in the firing of legendary coach Joe Paterno. Allegations are included in the grand jury report. Click through the gallery.
- Penn State trustees fire Joe Paterno, school president Graham Spanier
- Bears DT Anthony Adams calls scandal heartbreaking
- Lawyer: Alleged victims could become scapegoats for Joe Paterno’s firing
- Penn State assistant Mike McQueary won’t attend game
- Gould: Penn State scandal casts cloud over college game
- Penn State: Mike McQueary put on administrative leave
- Thousands attend Penn State vigil for sex-abuse victims
- President of The Second Mile charity linked to child sex-abuse scandal resigns
Updated: November 17, 2011 12:23PM
A chronological look at the case against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, based on a grand jury report in Pennsylvania state court. Some key dates in Penn State football history are included. Sandusky has been charged with 40 criminal counts, accusing him of serial sex abuse of minors. CLICK HERE for the key dates, and pivotal moments in Penn State scandal.