BYU's Brandon Davies was reportedly dismissed from the team for violating the school's honor code, which prohibits premarital sex. | AP
BYU center Brandon Davies was dismissed from the third-ranked Cougars basketball team for violating the school’s honor code that forbids premarital sex, according to a report from The Salt Lake Tribune.
Davies, a sophomore and the team’s leading rebounder, admitted his actions to BYU officials on Monday, according to the report.
The school’s honor code requires students comply with the following:
- Be honest
- Live a chaste and virtuous life
- Obey the law and all campus policies
- Use clean language
- Respect others
- Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse
- Participate regularly in church services
- Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards
- Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code
Without Davies, the Cougars suffered an 82-64 loss to New Mexico Wednesday night.