Madden NFL 13 has Bears No. 1 in NFC
BY SEAN JENSEN Twitter: @SeanKJensen August 28, 2012 12:56PM
Updated: September 29, 2012 6:15AM
Don’t sweat the Madden curse, since there’s no Bears player on the cover. But, the popular video game has predicted the Bears and the New England Patriots to win their respective conferences with 12-4 records.
The video game projected the Green Bay Packers would also finish 12-4 but lose the NFC North tiebreaker. Be clear, though, that the Madden simulation isn’t suggesting that the Bears will face the Patriots.
Other notable projections:
* Three-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady capturing his third NFL MVP award with a record-tying 50 touchdowns and 5,374 passing yards
* DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys is projected as defensive player of the year with 18 sacks
* Romeo Crennel of the Kansas City Chiefs as coach of the year, leading his team to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth.
* Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions winning offensive player of the year with 97 catches for 1,572 yards and 16 touchdowns.
* Jay Cutler ranking ninth in the NFL, in terms of passing yards, with 4,215 but fifth with 36 touchdowns. But, they project him to finish second among the top 10 quarterbacks with 18 interceptions. His numbers, though, pale in comparison to Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford.
* Matt Forte will finish seventh in rushing yards with 1,250 and ninth with nine rushing touchdowns.
* Brandon Marshall will finish eighth with 1,185 receiving yards and 10th with 80 catches. Both those numbers seem low, as well as his eight receiving touchdowns.
* Julius Peppers isn’t among the top 10 in sacks.