Lovie Smith gave new meaning to the term "Cover-2" when he referenced the point spread in his postgame speech. Click through the gallery for 10 more observations on the Bears.
1. Outside the redzone, Jay Cutler is a playmaker the Bears have not had at QB in a long time. It's inside the 20 that he still has a ways to go to reach that elite level. But he's getting there, with two TD passes inside the 10-yard line vs. the Eagles o
2. Progress I: The Bears came into the game with just six touchdowns inside the 10-yard line — only the Rams (four) and Jaguars (three) had fewer. But they had three touchdowns inside the 10 against the Eagles, including Marion Barber's two-yard run.
3. Not to pour too much cold water on the Jay Cutler-Earl Bennett thing, but should a quarterback's comfort level be so tethered to one guy like that? Is there any other team in the NFL where Bennett is as valuable as he is here?
4. The game that impacted the Bears' playoff hopes the most was the Saints victory over the Buccaneers. That keeps the Saints, who beat the Bears, on track to own the NFC South. And it leaves the Falcons and Bucs in the wild-card hunt.
5. Progress II: The Bears had given up two TDs in a 2:26 span of the third quarter and were at their 6-yard line — and Matt Forte was on the bench. They drove 74 yards for a FG. Last week in similar situation in Philly, the Cowboys crumbled, losing 34-7.
6. Special teams guru Dave Toub is the best coach on the Bears' staff. He devised that ingenious punt return the week of the Packers game and it worked like a charm in game. The Eagles worked on their fake punt all week , but crapped out on the big stage.
7. And though Devin Hester and the return units struggled, special teams made the play of the game when Adam Podlesh's 50-yard punt put DeSean Jackson on his heels, the Bears punched the ball loose and recovered, leading to a TD just before halftime.
8. Brian Urlacher looked rejuvenated after the bye again this year. Urlacher had 11 tackles (10 solos), one tackle-for-loss and two pass breakups against the Eagles. That's his second double-digit tackle game since the opener.
9. Michael Vick gave the Bears the best compliment they've received this season: ‘‘Brian [Urlacher] is getting better and better and getting faster as he gets older. These guys are aging well and hopefully I do the same."
10. After winning on the road on Monday night, the Bears face another big test against a Lions team that not only is 6-2 overall and 4-0 on the road, but is coming off a bye week, facing a Bears team on short rest. This will give the best indication of h