Bill Zwecker: Demi Moore wants more from Ashton Kutcher
By Bill Zwecker March 14, 2013 6:18PM
MIAMI BEACH, FL - DECEMBER 07: Actress Demi Moore attends the OHWOW & HTC celebration of the release of "TERRYWOOD" at The Standard Hotel & Spa on December 7, 2012 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for HTC)
Updated: April 16, 2013 3:03PM
First Demi Moore could not deal with the concept that she had lost young husband Ashton Kutcher. Friends were deeply concerned about her bouts of depression, followed by heavy-duty partying that seemed to indicate a desire to escape the sadness over the collapse of her marriage.
Now, things have turned in a far different direction. While Moore first seemed to accept the inevitable and acquiesce to Kutcher’s desire to finalize their divorce, the actress now has dug in her heels.
While Kutcher is eager to move on with his life, now focused on friend-turned-lover Mila Kunis, I’ve learned he has no intention of paying Moore the reportedly huge amount she’s seeking in a divorce settlement.
“Here’s the deal,” a close Moore friend told me Thursday. “Demi is now reconciled to the fact she’ll never win Ashton back. That’s over and done with, and she knows that.
“But now she’s more in the mode of the rejected, discarded, misused woman — again angry over the original reason her marriage to Ashton ended: He cheated on her! … Many people have forgotten that all happened before he got together with Mila.
“Demi simply feels she should be compensated for that pain and that loss.”
While the actress has dated a number of men after Kutcher moved out, she lately has been linked to restaurateur Harry Morton, 31, the grandson of the late Chicago restaurant and nightlife mainstay Arnie Morton. “But they are only dating very casually,” another Moore friend said Thursday.
ENGAGING DRAMA: Two close friends of Miley Cyrus insisted Thursday that fiancé Liam Hemsworth’s recent purchase of a new condo in Australia does not prove the couple have split.
“What’s so surprising about an Australian guy buying a three-bedroom condo in his native country? … Wouldn’t you expect that Liam and Miley would be spending at least some of the time living in Australia after they get married?” said one source, scoffing at various reports calling the condo a “bachelor pad.”
While the couple’s spokesfolks continue to be mum, it does appear the “Last Song” co-stars are taking a bit of a break — something they’ve done previously in their relationship. Of course, all that was before Cyrus and Hemsworth announced their engagement.
Cyrus has been working on her fourth album in Los Angeles, and recently the ex-“Hannah Montana” star has been seen outside the recording studio not wearing her engagement ring.
BAD BLOOD: Apparently that relatively brief fling between Taylor Swift and ex-beau Harry Styles did not end so well. Styles has ordered that all footage of Swift be cut out of his band One Direction’s upcoming film, “1D3D.” “During their two-month relationship, producers shot Taylor and Harry in L.A. and New York last year, but Harry has ordered that none of it make the final cut,” a source told Life & Style. Apparently Styles’ ire was caused by his belief Swift allowed an unnamed friend to dis him in the new Vanity Fair cover story about Swift saying he “was looking at every girl and thinking about hooking up.”
“During their two-month relationship, producers shot Taylor and Harry in L.A. and New York last year, but Harry has ordered that none of it make the final cut,” a source told Life & Style.
Apparently Styles’ ire was caused by his belief Swift allowed an unnamed friend to dis him in the new Vanity Fair cover story about Swift saying he “was looking at every girl and thinking about hooking up.”
In the new issue, hitting newsstands Friday, Dunham says she wouldn’t want to suddenly wake up with the body of a Victoria’s Secret model. Though she does see one possible advantage:
“I don’t want to go through life wondering if people are talking to me because I have a big rack. … That said, I probably would want to see if I could get free food at restaurants. Then I’d call a doctor and see if she could return me to my former situation.”
TURNS TO TV: Shortly after Ang Lee won his second Oscar for “The Life of Pi,” the director now will make his television directorial debut with “Tyrant,” a drama pilot for the FX network.
While Lee has turned down earlier TV projects, he clearly was attracted to the script for “Tyrant,” a story about an ordinary American family suddenly thrust into a turbulent Middle Eastern country.
SPORTS SHORTS: Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews checked out Boarding House earlier this week. … Former Bull B.J. Armstrong is slated to be on hand Friday night at the Arrow on Ogden, in the midst of the Big Ten hoops tournament at the United Center.
BOOK BEAT: Congrats to Chicago author Leslie Stella on the publication of her new book — one that is certainly timely. It’s a young adult novel titled “Permanent Record,” a story about a bullied Iranian-American teen in Chicago and the unorthodox way he retaliates against his tormentors.
† The same week as the new “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” opens on Broadway, Chicago author Elynne Chaplik-Aleskow’s story “My Breakfast At Tiffany’s” is being published in “Not Your Mother’s Book On Travel.”†Former Chicagoan
James L. Swanson, the author of the New York Times bestselling “Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer,” has turned his attention to JFK’s assassination. His “End of Days: The Final Hours of John F. Kennedy” will be out this fall. The book will be a minute-to-minute look at the details of President John F. Kennedy’s last day — from his arrival in Texas through the shooting to the aftermath of the assassination.