Canada: Video suggests suspect ate parts of body
By SEAN FARRELL Associated Press June 5, 2012 1:16PM
A police officer walks inside the car gateway of the central police detention facility of Berlin where Luka Rocco Magnotta is being held in Berlin, Germany, Tuesday, June 5, 2012. Luka Magnotta, 29, a Canadian porn actor suspected of murdering and dismembering a Chinese was arrested on Monday at an Internet cafe in a working-class district of the German capital, where he had been reading media coverage of himself. A cafe employee recognized Magnotta from a newspaper photo and flagged down a police car. The white child left reads 'Centrap Police Detention'. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
MONTREAL — Canadian police say video footage from the killing and dismembering of a Chinese student seems to show the suspect eating the body.
Montreal Police Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere said Tuesday that police have not been able to conclusively confirm what was seen on the video — that suspect Luka Magnotta did eat parts of the body.
Lafreniere said “as gross and as graphic it could be, yes, it was seen on the video.”
Magnotta was arrested in Berlin on Monday, and police in Germany said Tuesday he told authorities he will not fight extradition.
A copy of the video viewed online by The Associated Press did not show anyone eating the body but did show a man using a fork and knife on the body.