Michelle Obama: Not watching GOP convention
ASSOCIATED PRESS August 29, 2012 9:00PM
- Paul Ryan: Mitt Romney won’t ‘duck tough issues’
- The GOP bench at Romney’s convention
- Paul Ryan no Sarah Palin. Dan Quayle, maybe
- Ray LaHood: Outspoken, conservative, Republican — and for Obama
- For some Illinois pols, Florida trip more trouble than it’s worth
- Wisconsin residents cheer on ‘Paul’ as Ryan accepts spot on ticket
- Secret Service agent leaves gun on Romney’s plane
Updated: August 29, 2012 11:23PM
NEW YORK (AP) — Michelle Obama says she isn’t tuning in to this week’s Republican National Convention. But that’s just her.
Appearing on CBS’ “Late Show” on Wednesday, the first lady encouraged every American to follow coverage of both political conventions. It’s a good way to help each citizen decide which presidential candidate to vote for in November, she told host David Letterman.
But Mrs. Obama noted that her decision is already made. So is her decision about this week’s convention. As the wife of the guy the Republicans are running against, “I tend not to watch it,” she said.
Mrs. Obama’s appearance on “Late Show” was part of her back-to-school media tour, where she is discussing ways for parents to help prepare their children to return to the classroom.