Rasmussen family to mark 10th anniversary of Sept. 11 tragedy privately
September 6, 2011 11:46AM
Robert Rasmussen, 42, of Hinsdale, a financial consultant, was last seen trying to get out of the WTC’s south tower.
- Churches seek to remember, lift spirits on Sept. 11
- Do you remember what you were doing when you heard the news of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks?
- Tri-State Fire Protection District pushes to finish Sept. 11 memorial
- Several events to commemorate Sept. 11
- NY firefighter killed during 9/11 attacks honored in Oak Brook
- La Grange residents remember reactions to Sept. 11 attacks
- Area firefighters remember Sept. 11
- Christ Church to remember reverend killed on 9/11
Updated: November 5, 2011 1:45PM
The family of former Hinsdale resident Bob Rasmussen, who was a 42-year-old financial consultant when he was killed at the World Trade Center during the Sept. 11, 2011 terrorist attacks, has decided to mark the event’s 10th anniversary privately.
Anna Rasmussen-Stansbury has done several interviews about the tragedy, but said her family decided not to do any interviews at this time.
Taylor Rasmussen, now 17, sang at a 2005 memorial dedication ceremony in Valhalla, N.Y. Taylor is the oldest of three children born to Anna and Bob Rasmussen; Jack, 12; and Sam, 11, are the others.
“We thought about going to New York this year, but decided against it because of security concerns,” Anna Rasmussen-Stansbury said.