suntimes
GRINCHY 
Weather Updates

Men burning bedbug-infested items set Indiana house ablaze

Updated: March 12, 2012 9:04PM



INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Two Indianapolis men burning furniture in their yard to eradicate their home of bedbugs accidentally set the house ablaze, causing about $15,000 in damages.

Indianapolis firefighters say the men had been renting the home for three months before moving three couches and two chairs into the backyard and setting them on fire using a lighter and a piece of newspaper. Flames leapt from the furniture to the house.

WTHR-TV and WISH-TV report the men tried to extinguish the flames in the house with a garden hose but were unsuccessful.

No injuries were reported.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.