Man, 87, dies burning leaves with gas
BY LEEANN SHELTON Staff Reporter November 14, 2011 7:48AM
Updated: December 16, 2011 8:08AM
An 87-year-old northwest Indiana man who used gasoline to burn a pile of leaves was killed Sunday when he caught fire.
Russell Wing, of East State Road 4 near La Porte, was burned over 90 percent of his body in the Sunday morning mishap near his home, officials said.
He was taken to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where he died just before 8 p.m. Sunday, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.