suntimes
COPACETIC 
Weather Updates

Space heater causes extra-alarm fire on South Side

Article Extras
Story Image
Maps

Updated: January 7, 2014 8:47AM



An extra-alarm fire broke out Monday night in a home on the South Side after drapes were ignited by a space heater.

The fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue, according to Fire Media Affairs. The blaze was struck out about an hour later.

A space heater placed too closely to drapes caused the fire, according to fire media.

No injuries were reported.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.