Seventy evacuated from Albany Park building for carbon monoxide leak
BY LEEANN SHELTON Staff Reporter October 22, 2013 11:16PM
As many as 70 people were evacuated from an Albany Park apartment building after Chicago Fire Department crews found high levels of carbon monoxide inside.
Emergency officials responded to the three-story building in the 4900 block of North Kedzie Avenue at 10:10 p.m., Fire Media Affairs said.
Emergency personnel found high levels of carbon monoxide gas in the building and called for a hazardous materials response while evacuating all the residents, fire officials said.
Roughly 70 people had to be evacuated from the building, police said, citing preliminary reports.
No one has been reported injured, police and fire officials said.
Crews are working to ventilate the building as they investigate the cause of the gas leak.