After dispute with Charlie Trotter, students’ photo show rescheduled
BY BECKY SCHLIKERMAN Staff Repoter September 4, 2013 7:44PM
Chef Charlie Trotter
Article Extras
Updated: September 5, 2013 2:22AM
The student photographers who were shut out of chef Charlie Trotter’s restaurant will show their works on Saturday at a Lincoln Park frame shop, organizers said.
Last week, a group of students participating in the After School Matters photography program were setting up for an exhibition in Trotter’s shuttered Lincoln Park restaurant when the chef allegedly became offended when an instructor refused to order his students to sweep floors and plunge toilets, students told the Sun-Times last week after Trotter allegedly kicked them out of the restaurant.
The students waited outside to retrieve their photographs, but Trotter didn’t let them back in to get their works of art.
The next day, After School Matters issued a statement that said it had retrieved the photos.
On Saturday, the show will be held at Artists Frame Service, 1867 N. Clybourn. It will start at 6:30 pm, officials with the shop and with After School Matters said Wednesday.
The owner of the shop, Jay Goltz, said he’s happy to help out after the “unfortunate situation” with Trotter.
“We’re going to have a nice event,” he said. “The kids will be happy, the parents will be happy and hopefully we’ll sell some art.”
Email: bschlikerman@suntimes.com
Twitter: @schlikerman
