Updated: June 2, 2013 4:41PM
An 18-year-old man is dead and at least another twelve people have been wounded in gun violence in the city from late Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.
The 18-year-old man was shot to death at a party Friday night in the South Side Avalon Park neighborhood. The victim was at a party in the 8400 block of South Constance Avenue about 10:45 p.m. when someone pulled out a gun and shot him, police said.
Dionte Maxwell, of the 8400 block of South Marshfield Avenue, was taken to Jackson Park Hospital, where he died at 11:53 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.
Three people have been arrested and two were charged Sunday in connection with the slaying.
Maxwell suffered multiple gunshot wounds, according to the medical examiner’s office.
The other shootings included:
• a 24-year-old man shot in the head at 10:17 a.m. Sunday in the 5700 block of West Bloomingdale Avenue in the Austin neighborhood. He was taken in critical condition to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
• a man shot in the neck, chest and hand early Sunday in the West Lawn neighborhood. The man, thought to be in his 20s, was shot about 5:15 a.m. in the 6800 block of South Pulaski Road, police said. He was taken in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
• a 25-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy shot early Saturday while walking home from a party in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood. They were shot about 2:54 a.m. in the 1500 block of South Keeler Avenue, Gaines said. The 25-year-old was shot in the thigh, and the 17-year-old was shot in both ankles, police said. Both were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
• a 25-year-old man was shot during a fight with another man early Saturday in the South Side Calumet Heights neighborhood.
The shooting happened about 3:50 a.m. in the 9200 block of South Blackstone Avenue. Police said the victim was in an argument with another man he had fought with before when the fight turned physical. One of the men pulled out a gun and fired shots.
As the man ran away, he fell and realized he had been shot in the arm and left buttocks, police said. He drove himself to Advocate Trinity Hospital, but was transferred to Christ medical center. Information on his condition was not immediately available. The victim has gang affiliations, police said.
• a male whose age was not yet known shot in the left hand in the 7600 block of North Greenview Avenue just before 6 a.m. Saturday morning, according to Mirabelli. The victim drove himself to Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston, where he was reported to be in good condition. The circumstances of the shooting were not immediately known.