Four plead not guilty in murder of man shot on porch
BY JON SEIDEL Staff Reporter jseidel@suntimes.com April 22, 2013 3:34PM
Malcolm X. Terry | Chicago Police photo
Article Extras
Four men charged in the murder of a 73-year-old man shot to death as he sat on a neighbor’s porch on the South Side in October pleaded not guilty Monday, a prosecutor said.
Malcolm X. Terry, 22, Aramis McKinzie, 18, Garlin Minor, 19, and Akeem L. Simmons, 20, all pleaded not guilty at their arraignment, according to the prosecutor. All four were arrested for their alleged roles in the shooting death of William Thomas.
Thomas was sitting outside on a porch at about 7:15 p.m. on Oct. 12 in the 6800 block of South East End Avenue, about a half-block from his home, when shots rang out. Officers found Thomas lying on the sidewalk with a fatal gunshot wound to the head.
Another prosecutor has previously said the shooting was the result of a rivalry between Mall Town and Murder Town gang members.












