suntimes
GRINCHY 
Weather Updates

1 believed dead, 3 hospitalized after vehicle goes off I-88 ramp into pond in Aurora

Emergency crews were scene an accident Saturday night which car overturned pond off EolRoad interchange I-88 Aurora. | Jenette Sturges-Sun-Times

Emergency crews were on the scene of an accident Saturday night in which a car overturned in a pond off the Eola Road interchange at I-88 in Aurora. | Jenette Sturges-Sun-Times Media

storyidforme: 45931409
tmspicid: 17022708
fileheaderid: 7664317

Updated: March 9, 2013 11:20PM

One person was presumed dead, and three others were hospitalized after a vehicle went off a Reagan Memorial Tollway/Interstate 88 ramp in Aurora Saturday night and became submerged in a retention pond.

The vehicle went into the water around 7:30 p.m. off an eastbound I-88 exit ramp at Eola Road, Illinois State Police Trooper Michelle Kistulinec said.

After the vehicle was removed from the water, the ramp remained closed late into the night, and divers, in “recovery mode,” were trying to find the body of the last person from the vehicle, Kistulinec said.

© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.