5th man charged in Cornell Pk. shooting
SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE September 28, 2013 12:36PM
David Logan / photo from Chicago Police
Updated: October 30, 2013 6:54AM
A fifth man has been charged in connection with a shooting last week in Back of the Yards that left 13 people wounded, including a 3-year-old boy, police and prosecutors said Saturday.
David Logan, 22, of the 3100 block of South Green, was arrested Wednesday and charged with unlawful use of a weapon without a state Firearm Owner’s Identification card and obstructing justice, police said. He was ordered held without bail Saturday.
The mass shooting at Cornell Square Park, near 51st and Wood, happened about 45 minutes before the park’s 11 p.m. curfew on Sept. 19.
Police previously charged four other men in connection with the mass shooting. Tabari Young and Brad Jett, both 22, Bryon “Lord” Champ, 21, and Kewane Gatewood, 20, each face three counts of attempted murder and three counts of aggravated battery with a firearm and are being held without bail.
Prosecutors said Champ and Young used an AK-47 and a .22-caliber revolver to fire into a crowd at Cornell Square Park.
Police have said that some of the victims in the park were members of the Gangster Disciples street gang.
Among the injured was 3-year-old Deonta “Tay-man” Howard, who had multiple surgeries for a bullet wound to his face.