suntimes
GRACIOUS
Weather Updates

Third man charged in July drive-by shooting death

JadWilson. Photo/Chicago Police

Jadon Wilson. Photo/Chicago Police

storyidforme: 53854418
tmspicid: 19839931
fileheaderid: 9085293

A third man has been charged with the drive-by shooting death of an 18-year-old man in the South Chicago neighborhood last month, Chicago Police said early Wednesday.

Jadon Wilson, 23, of the 7800 block of South Euclid, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, police said. He is expected to appear in Cook County Bond Court on Wednesday.

On July 23, 18-year-old Tyrone Hart was standing on the corner in the 8000 block of South Chappel when a passenger in a passing black Nissan Maxima opened fire about 7:45 p.m. July 23, authorities said.

Hart, who was about a block away from his home, was shot in the chest, police said at the time. He died about an hour later at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

Earlier this month, Terrence Snowden, 24, and Phillip L. Boyd, 23, were charged with first-degree murder, police said.

Snowden, of the 8700 block of South Euclid, also was charged with possessing a firearm without a valid FOID card and cannabis possession.

All three men lived within blocks of the shooting, including Boyd, of the 700 block of South Bennett.

Police have not outlined what role each of the men played in Hart’s death.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.