Weather Updates

Board member has temporary protection order against her

Sue Gillooley

Sue Gillooley

storyidforme: 31609499
tmspicid: 11495348
fileheaderid: 5249835

Updated: June 5, 2012 3:20AM

A woman has sought a temporary order of protection against the vice president of the New Lenox District 122 School Board.

Kathleen Jackson, of New Lenox, sought the order of protection — approved in Will County Court on May 17 — claiming that Susan Gillooley was stalking her and her four children. A court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday when a judge will consider whether the protection order should be extended.

Gillooley’s attorney Daniel Kallan said Jackson’s claim is “totally bogus.”

“There is no basis to her petition whatsoever,” he said, claiming that some people use protection orders “as a sword rather than a shield.”

“It’s a harassment tactic,” Kallan said. Although the two women know of each other, they have never met, he said.

The protection order, which initially prevented Gillooley from entering Bentley School, was modified to allow Gillooley to attend a May 30 awards ceremony for her son and perform her duties as a school board member. Gillooley, a mother of five, has served on the board since 2007.

On May 14, Jackson filed a report with Mokena police, claiming that Gillooley was harassing her. According to the report, Gillooley went to Jackson’s job in Mokena, and took pictures of Jackson’s vehicle. Gillooley then called Jackson at work and told her to stay away from her boyfriend, the report stated.

Jackson told police Gillooley is an “on-again, off-again girlfriend” of a friend of hers, according to the police report.

According to court records, Gillooley called Jackson later that night and called her a profanity. When Jackson hung up, Gillooley called again but said nothing, she claims.

Jackson also claimed that for a span in April, Gillooley would drive past her house at least once a day, call Jackson on her cell phone or home phone and call her profanities.

In February, Gillooley and her boyfriend went to Jackson’s house. When Jackson would not open the door, “she started screaming” to open the door and come outside, Jackson stated in her petition. Gillooley left after 20 minutes but began calling and texting Jackson that she should let her boyfriend retrieve his personal belongings from Jackson’s house, “or else.”

Following this incident, Jackson filed a police report.

Will County court records show Gillooley and her husband, Tim, were divorced earlier this year.

© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit To order a reprint of this article, click here.