Cardinal George, battling cancer, to undergo more tests this week
BY LEANN MATON Staff Reporter firstname.lastname@example.org August 20, 2012 6:24PM
Cardinal Francis George visits the pediatric intensive care unit of Children's Memorial Hospital. Sunday, December 24, 2011 ~Sun-Times
Updated: September 22, 2012 6:33AM
Cardinal Francis George, who had cancer found in his kidney and liver last week, will undergo another round of tests this week but will maintain his public schedule, the Archdiocese of Chicago said Monday.
“The cardinal rested at home this weekend and was actively engaged in a number of his administrative responsibilities,” the archdiocese said in a statement. “This week he will continue additional testing, participate in his annual retreat and maintain his previously scheduled public commitments.”
Officials have said the 75-year-old cardinal planned to spend his annual retreat in Mundelein. “After the cardinal meets with his doctors regarding a plan for a course of treatment, further information about his upcoming public schedule will be announced,” the archdiocese said.