Weather Updates

Updated: December 25, 2013 6:13AM

Q. Where can I find a health care navigator to talk to, person to person, that can help me find and apply for Affordable Care Act insurance? I live in Bridgeview.


A navigator is someone who is trained and certified to help you understand your health care options and enroll you in a plan. They may be called different things in different states, for example an application assister, but they all do the same thing. Insurance agents and brokers can also assist you with your application, choices and enrollment. One such assister is Americare Marketplace and can be found at Or, to find other local resources to help you, go to

Nicholas T. Gialamas is president and CEO of Forest Financial Group Inc., a benefits consulting firm, specializing in health care reform, in Lake Forest.

© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit To order a reprint of this article, click here.