The 2014 Taste of Chicago kicked off today in Grant Park with plenty of food, fun and music. "We’ve had a fantastic turnout, beautiful weather, great food, great music,” said the City’s Department of Cultural Affaris and Special Events spokesperson Mary May.
Updated: 2014-07-09 20:44:14
The Justice Department has asked state lawmakers to back away from calling several former members of Gov. Pat Quinn’s inner circle to testify on the governor’s Neighborhood Recovery Initiative to avoid possibly interfering with an ongoing federal probe of the scandal-tainted anti-violence program, sources said.
- Trendworthy: #FixingChicago just got started, but will it work?
- 17-year-old 'just wanted to move out of the hood'
- Obama in Dallas: Congress can act now to fix border crisis
- Carmelo Anthony headed back to Knicks — report
- Hawks sign Kane, Toews for 8 more years
- Sneed scoop: Ray LaHood to lead search for new airport chief
Victim in Dan Ryan shooting was pregnant mother of five; second sibling lost to gun violence
Updated: 2014-07-09 20:13:11
Chicago writer who contributed to guide on surviving ‘running of the bulls’ is gored in Pamplona
Updated: 2014-07-09 19:49:11
Prosecutor: Gang member fatally shot friend while waving gun around
Updated: 2014-07-09 19:55:36
Two men get 100-year prison sentence in girl’s death
Updated: 2014-07-09 20:13:07
- Our deadly Chicago far beneath NBA’s royalty: Telander
Minority Report: Billy Dec
Almost three decades ago, Danny Edwards buried a man alive in a plywood coffin in a field outside Kankakee. Now, with his heart dying and … Read More
- Durbin urges students to avoid Everest College
- Chicago Police chaplain defends officer seeking Jeter’s autograph for charity
- Chicago writer who contributed to guide on surviving ‘running of the bulls’ is gored in Pamplona
- Fired Maine West soccer coach sues to try to get his job back
- Police: Ex-Bull Rick Brunson used name ‘Patrick Ewing’ to book massage that brought sex charges
So it’s on to Plan B for the Bulls. According to the Daily News, Carmelo Anthony will return to New York to play for the Read More
Wedding receptions continue to impress guests with towering centerpieces, gourmet cuisine and elegant ballrooms. For a busy bride and groom, it can be difficult to … Read More
A few decades ago, when now-storied improv oracles Del Close, Martin de Maat and Don DePollo lorded over Chicago’s still budding improv scene, there were Read More
As a kid, Don Sritong longed for good ol’ American hot dogs and hamburgers, not his Thai mom’s spiced attempts at them. Now, of course, … Read More