THE WATCHDOGS: Xadrian R. McCraven has a criminal history that includes “at least” 24 arrests on charges including arson, illegal gun possession, attempted robbery, drug possession and aggravated assault, according to federal court records. He’s also an Illinois state prison official, making $110,000 a year as an administrator with the Illinois Department of Corrections, according to records obtained by the Chicago Sun-Times.
Bears fans could face subzero wind chills Monday night, the kickoff to a week of bitterly cold temperatures. Temperatures could be as low as 3 degrees when the Bears and Dallas Cowboys meet at 7 p.m., the National Weather Service said. By Tuesday morning, the wind chill could drop to as low as 15 below zero in some areas, meteorologists said.
- As horrible as the Washington tornado was, some ask why it wasn’t deadlier
- Crawford exits Blackhawks’ 6-2 win early with injury
- Cook Co. hospital boss held on $400,000 bond in bicyclist’s death
- 2-year-old girl dies after dog mauling, autopsy finds
- Chicago priest steps aside amid sex abuse allegations: archdiocese
- Friend describes Mandela’s final hours
Mike Kasper — the lawyer and lobbyist who helped Mayor Rahm Emanuel get his job, helped former Gov. Rod Blagojevich lose his job and helped Read More
The night the Bears honor Mike Ditka and retire his jersey No. 89 is a perfect time to wonder if Marc Trestman can coach the … Read More
The first of what promises to be an intriguing trilogy, “Inhuman” by Kat Falls is set in an America ravaged by a virus that mutates Read More
One surefire way to make entertaining at home more merry is to order a chef. Internet startup Kitchen Surfing connects people hungry for a home-cooked Read More