President Barack Obama declared on Thursday that a referendum in 10 days on the future of a Ukraine’s Crimea peninsula would violate international law. The United States also moved to impose visa restrictions and financial sanctions on Russians and Ukrainians for the moves Moscow already has made into Crimea.
The running mates to four Illinois GOP gubernatorial candidates met for the first time — and likely last — Thursday night to make their best pitch for an office that’s often forgotten.
- Latin Kings ‘enforcer’ found guilty of racketeering
- Yakking teens now have an app for that, worrying Chicago-area schools
- Rep. Berrios wants man who harassed her charged
- Nabbed twice by speed cameras, alderman demands better signage
Complaint about cracks in repaved street triggers citywide audit
- Dillard wins major push from outside group
- Bill to cut state charter school panel advances
- Sportscaster Sarah Kustok in courthouse as father’s murder trial continues
One-on-One: Rahm, Rauner and presidential ambitions
An influential alderman’s complaint about cracks along a recently repaved stretch of Wentworth on Thursday prompted Mayor Rahm Emanuel to order a citywide audit to Read More
Updated: 2014-03-06 23:13:01
It’s become the standard answer for Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau when Derrick Rose’s return is mentioned. “Great players figure it out,’’ he has said numerous … Read More
RICHARD ROEPER: In this sort-of sequel, the performances are uniformly good, especially Eva Green as a complex, colorful villain. Read More
One in 13 U.S. children suffers from food allergies, and the numbers are growing, according to a study published in the journal Pediatrics. In fact, Read More