Updated: 2014-03-14 08:02:18
A 10-year veteran with the Chicago Police Department was killed after a police chase that started in a south suburb ended in a crash just off the Dan Ryan Expressway on the South Side early Friday, police said.
State Treasurer Dan Rutherford got the biggest laugh at Thursday’s GOP gubernatorial debate, talking about how he might use an assault weapon to “mow down” tree-eating beavers outside his rural home. And state Sen. Kirk Dillard, R-Hinsdale, delivered perhaps the best zinger, saying Bruce Rauner has more “friends” in the federal hoosegow than Illinois has governors in prison garb.
- 17 months in prison for businessman in Daley kin sewer scam
- Obama orders review of deportation, seeks more humane actions
- Woman, high-ranking cop exchanged texts after alleged rape: testimony
- Northwestern advances with upset over Iowa in Big Ten tournament
- Kirk, Durbin in Senate Gang of 10 forging jobless benefit deal
- Get those tents ready: Forest preserve camping begins in 2015
- Northwestern Memorial in talks to merge with Cadence Health
- Dognapped pups safe at home after they were taken in burglary
- Office Max to begin move out of Illinois in April
- Now who has Jay Cutler’s back?
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Former Ald. Robert Shaw announces run for mayor
- Emanuel announces plan to repave 22 more miles of city streets
- Calumet Photo files for bankruptcy
Ex-Bear Mike Pyle another NFL great sadly slipping away from dementia
Blackhawks fall to Avalanche, third place in Central
Off Message: Primary Preview
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday speed cameras have been “incredibly effective” at slowing down motorists around schools and parks and if that translates into less Read More
The debate is over. Somewhere between Joakim Noah stripping the ball from Dwight Howard after the Houston Rockets big man ripped down a rebound in … Read More
It’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day. Here’s a rundown of events to help everyone channel their inner Irish. Read More
A growing number of entrepreneurs are figuring out how to tap into social media to ignite motivation. As exercise has become more social — think Read More