President’s party could inconvenience some Uptowners
SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE August 3, 2011 11:40AM
Updated: August 3, 2011 11:40AM
While the Uptown neighborhood plays host to President Barack Obama and his birthday party/fundraiser guests Wednesday night, security measures may cause some residents of the area to park a little farther than usual or use a different CTA Red Line station during the party.
The party will take place Wednesday night at the Aragon Ballroom, at 1106 W. Lawrence Ave.
According to Ald. Harry Osterman’s (48th) office:
* There will be no parking on the north and south side of Lawrence between Broadway and Sheridan from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
* There will be no parking on Clifton Street near the Aragon
* There will be no parking on parts of Winthrop and Ainslie
* The CTA Red Line Lawrence station may be closed throughout the night
* There will be delays on the Red Line during the event
* Pedestrian restrictions on Lawrence will begin about 4 p.m.
* To travel home, some residents may closest to the Aragon must show identification/proof of residence.