Wheeling man accused of sexually abusing son’s friend
By KIM JANSSEN Staff Reporter kjanssen@suntimescom July 18, 2011 1:26AM
Updated: July 20, 2011 5:37PM
A Wheeling man accused of sexually assaulting his son’s young friend for a four-year period a decade ago was ordered held on bail of $250,000 Sunday by a Cook County judge.
Reuven “Randy” Bogoff, 59, — charged with predatory criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual assault — allegedly abused the boy between 1999-2003 at his former Chicago home in the 2800 block of West Estes.
The boy, now 22, then between ages 11 and 15, came to police with the allegations last month, court records show. Bogoff was free on bail for another alleged criminal sexual assault dating to the mid-1990s when he was re-arrested last week, prosecutors said.
Bogoff, wearing a yellow shirt, glasses and a beard in court, shook his head repeatedly as the new allegations were detailed in court on Sunday.
His attorney, Kevin Rosner, said Bogoff had deep roots in Skokie’s Orthodox Jewish community and convinced Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesel to let him leave the state to continue his job as a traveling salesman for Electro Industries if he makes bail.
But the judge warned him not to have contact with anyone under the age of 18 except his daughter if he is released.