Richard "R.J." Vanecko before his guilty plea in January. | Tim Boyle/For Sun-Times Media
- Koschman: Complete coverage
- Koschman: Key developments
- Koschman: Case documents
- Koschman: Sun-Times investigation
- Koschman: Photo galleries
- CSTtv: Nanci Koschman: 'I just wanted answers'
- eBook: The Killing of David Koschman/A Watchdogs Investigation
Updated: January 31, 2014 11:04PM
Richard J. “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley, stood before a judge Friday and admitted he was guilty of causing the death of David Koschman nearly a decade ago.
Judge Maureen P. McIntye accepted Vanecko’s guilty plea and ordered him to spend 60 days in the McHenry County Jail, followed by 60 days of home confinment with electronic monitoring.
The judge also gave Vanecko the maximum 30 months on probation and ordered him to apologize to Koschman’s mother Nanci Koschman and pay her restitution of $20,000.
Read the full story http://projects.suntimes.com/koschman/latest-news/vanecko-koschman-mom-in-court-for-hearing/