Space heater causes extra-alarm fire on South Side
BY SAM CHARLES Staff Reporter January 6, 2014 11:54PM
Updated: January 7, 2014 8:47AM
An extra-alarm fire broke out Monday night in a home on the South Side after drapes were ignited by a space heater.
The fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue, according to Fire Media Affairs. The blaze was struck out about an hour later.
A space heater placed too closely to drapes caused the fire, according to fire media.
No injuries were reported.